OPCG Supports Monarch Habitat
The garden has been classified as a Monarch Waystation since 2013. There are five varities of milkweed at the garden. For more information on how to support Monarchs in your backyard visit Monarch Watch.
Overland Park Community Garden at a Glance
- Established in 2011
- 5,000 square feet offers up to 64 four-by-ten foot plots (single plot)
- Gardeners have the option of renting a single or double (4'x20') plot. Current rental fees are $25 for a single plot and $40 for a double plot annually.
- Gardeners' plant and harvest for their own purposes
- Gardeners are required to utilize organic, sustainable and earth friendly methods
- The garden is managed by the Overland Park Community Garden, Inc. non-profit organization that is run by a volunteer board of directors
Garden is Fully Leased for 2016 Season
All plots have been leased out for the 2016 growing season.
If you would like your name placed on the wait list for 2017 growing season use the Contact Us link and submit your name and the city where you live. You will be added to the application wait list.
The garden is located at the Oak Park branch library (9500 Bluejacket Dr.).
"He who plants a garden plants happiness."